Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Homemade Toothpaste with doTERRA



I never thought I would be making my own toothpaste!  How did I even end up here? Well, necessity is the mother of invention, or so I am told.  My amazing husband needed some help with his oral health, and he has just a wee aversion (insert here…the idea of going to the dentist puts him into a full blown panic attack… ;)  to the dentist.  I did some research into home remedies for rebuilding tooth health.  Three ingredients kept popping up, Coconut Oil, Bentonite Clay, and Xylitol.  Of course it needed a flavor, so it was doTERRA Peppermint oil to the rescue.  This most closely matched the flavor he was accustom to, thus it was a no brainer for me.


I looked at several recipes online, and didn't find any that quite fit my needs.  So, I started playing with bits and pieces of several recipes…including this one… http://aimedattheheart.com/2012/07/31/why-i-dont-use-toothpaste/  My final product and recipe are different, but this Aimed at the Heart recipe gave me a base to start with.  So, without further ado…the recipe.


Stephanie’s Homemade Toothpaste
3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 ½ Tablespoons Bentonite Clay
1 Teaspoon Xylitol
25 Drops doTERRA Peppermint Oil (feel free to substitute other doTERRA essential oils to meet your needs.)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Store in an airtight container.  To use scoop out a small amount onto your toothbrush, and brush as normal.

So, there you have it, simple homemade toothpaste made with doTERRA essential oils.  The upside, no toxic chemicals in your mouth every time you brush.  The upside (yea…haven’t found any downsides yet…LOL) even my texture sensitive husband thinks this toothpaste is pretty great!  Another amazing success with doTERRA essential oils.

Stephanie




No comments:

Post a Comment